The Lifespan Of A Microwave Oven
Your life is very easy owing to the availability of several home appliances at your sweet home. The microwave is one of the best home appliances that bring ease and comfort to your life, cooking and reheating the food in seconds. The question is repeatedly asked as what is the average lifespan of a microwave oven. The question is logical as you spend a big amount purchasing a microwave oven and you are the rightful person to ask about its lifespan. To find the logical answer to the question we need to review the short history of the microwave oven.
Microwave Oven’s brief history
The microwave was invented by chance by a military engineer about 74 years back when he was doing an experiment. 1947 was the year when the first microwave oven was sold with a weight of about 8.5 pounds at the price of $2100. Until 1968, the heavy microwave oven remained underused. Thereafter, the compact microwave oven came to the market. With time the microwave was advanced.
The Lifespan of Microwave Oven
The microwave oven has reached its current compact form and advanced workability passing through various phases. The lifespan of the microwave oven about 10 years back was different from the microwave oven presently used owing to the difference between the quality of material and technology. Now the compact-sized microwave oven is more efficient than the microwave oven used 10 years back. Also, the lifespan of a microwave oven depends on its use. We use the microwave normally for 7 to 8 years. The excessive use of the microwave oven reduces its lifespan. In addition to it, the microwave oven gets deficient while you keep the wrong items inside it. The metal plates used to reheat the food also affect the workability of the microwave oven.
When should one replace the Microwave Oven?
The microwave oven lasts for 7 to 8 years. The lifespan of the microwave oven can be increased with better repair and normal use of the microwave. The question: when should the microwave oven be replaced, is answered with the following symptoms. In simple words, the microwave oven needs to be replaced when the following issues start occurring to microwave oven:
- When the microwave oven has completed its life span from 7 to 8 years, it starts giving a bad smell.
- Having completed its lifespan, the microwave oven keypad gets deficient.
- The reheat and cooking timing gets disturbed after the microwave oven has completed its lifespan.
- After the lifespan of the microwave oven has completed the door seal gets damaged.
- The microwave oven produces outlandish sounds when the lifespan of it is over.
Some Precautionary Measures
- You use soft cloth a little wet in hot water to wipe the body of the microwave from outside.
- Avoid keeping metal objects inside it.
- Connect the microwave with the source of electricity.
- The good ventilation of air should be in the kitchen.