Some Tips From Experienced Appliance Repair
In this modern world oven is a basic necessity of every home, kitchen, and restaurant. The trend of eating baked and steamed food is increasing as people avoid oily things due to their health concerns. With the convenience and advantages of the oven, it can also make things difficult for people like restaurant owners when there is an issue. Being an electrical device, it’s very much natural that an oven does not work properly. Let’s discuss some common issues with an oven and how to overcome them.
Problems with shutting the oven door
Sometimes the door of the oven does not shut properly which makes it impossible to cook anything. You should follow the following steps in order to get rid of this problem:
- Remove the electric connection or close the gas valve (in case of the gas oven).
- Unscrew the door or just pull it straight up and out to remove from the hinges.
- Properly check the hinges, if there is rust, apply some grease on it or just replace them if required.
- Inspect the door springs deeply by sliding the drawer and looking beneath the oven.
- Use pliers and tools to remove them if they are not looking fine.
- At last, see the door sensor and check its condition.
Food taking too long to cook properly
If your oven is taking too long to cook the food for you, then you must check the burning element. The solution is very simple:
- Turn off the oven properly.
- Unscrew the burning element and take it out.
- Inspect and test it properly.
- Clean the oil or dust and check again.
- If there is still a problem, replace the burning element.
Problem with keeping the right temperature
The problem of adjusting the right temperature for the oven is very common. You must read the manual carefully before cooking the food as the optimal temperature range is usually mentioned in the manual. If you have read it carefully and still have a problem then you must check the thermostat as this is the only component responsible for the temperature adjustments.
Interior light not working properly
If the interior light of your oven goes out very often then you can replace it easily through the following steps:
- Turn off the electric connection.
- Unscrew the cover of the bulb and remove it.
- Twist the bulb counterclockwise and take it out carefully.
- Check its size and specifications and replace it with a new bulb with the same specifications.
Issue in fixing the trays of the old oven
In some of the old ovens, it takes time to adjust the trays in their exact position due to the wear and tear. To solve this problem, you should check the sliders and clean them properly; applying grease is also a good idea. Also, if the sides of the sliding base are misaligned, you can also fix them with the help of pliers.